Online Permaculture Design Course
2nd January - 28th February 2021
20th March - 9th May 2021
72 hours Permaculture Design Certificate
Building soil – Building community – Building resilience
No previous experience is required! Just openness and willingness to become part fo the regeneration movement!
Permaculture is a design method for sustainable human settlements that aims at integrating human activities in fully functioning ecosystems able to self regulate and support Life in all its forms.
Its core ethics are Care for the Earth, Care for the People and Fair Share and its principles allow us to live a regenerative life and can be applied to any environment, from small apartments to big lands to entire countries. Most importantly, Permaculture is a real philosophy of life that can support you as an individual to make conscious choices to reconnect to a true way of living. You are not separate from what is around you and stepping back into the web of life is the best choice we can make!
What is a Permaculture Design Course?
This is a 72 hours certified course that covers all aspects of Permaculture as detailed by Bill Mollison (co-founder of the movement and author of "Permaculture: a designer's manual"). The course will touch all elements required to design a complete human settlement and will include topics such as food production, resource management, project management, soil, agroforestry, animal systems, appropriate technology, people systems and social Permaculture.
The course will include a final design project and
the handover of the PDC certificate upon completion
and presentation of the final design.
During the course, we will explore the following topics:
INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE
• Permaculture: Evidence that we need to act - Ethics & Principles
• Concepts and themes in design: Natural ecosystems - Web of life - Yield and Resource -
• Design Methods: Observation - Analysis of elements - Flow analysis - Maps & data overlay - Zones & sectors - Slope & aspect - Guilds - Scale of permanence
• Patterns: Understanding natural patterns and how to use the in design
TREES, WATER, SOIL & ENERGY
• Climatic factors: Main climatic zones and their characteristics - Climatic factors - Climatic effects Landscape profiles
• Trees: Trees and their role in the ecosystem
• Water: Water cycle - Water in the landscape - Strategies for water management
• Soils: Soil composition - Soil management - Compost - Nutrient management and closed loops - Animals in the landscape
• Earthworks: Design - Tools - Types of earthworks (swales, dams etc..)
• Agroforestry & Food Forests: Natural forests and natural succession - Food forests - Layers - Greening the Desert
• Appropriate Technology: Renewable energy - Compost toilets - Eco-buildings - Waste management
DESIGN STRATEGIES AND SOCIAL PERMACULTURE
• Climates: Strategies for different climates
• Social Permaculture: Project management - Group dynamics - Non-violent communication - Local economies - Community living & Ecovillages
All students will do a group project simulating the design for a client. The project will be presented at the end of the course and will be a great opportunity for the student to metabolise the newly-acquired knowledge and receive feedback from the teacher
300 euros if booked early bird
350 euros if booked after
- International Permaculture Design Certificate upon completion of the course
- Practical workshops
- Online interactive lessons
- Recordings of the lessons
- Reading material
Sam Parker Davies
Sam is an Australian based Permaculture Designer and consultant. After having spend significant time learning from Geoff Lawton, he has set off on a journey to develop projects and teach in many countries. He has consulted, designed and implemented permaculture work in middle eastern deserts, the desertifying Mediterranean, humid temperate islands and subtropical Australia. He is very passionate about refugee aid, which he integrates in the work he does. Sam will donate one tenth of what he earns from this course to a refugee camp. Visit www.samparkerdavies.com to know more about his work!
Sam's energising smile and positive energy make him a very special person, but when mangos are around he is capable of anything to eat them.
Joshua is a USA based Permaculture Designer and consultant who has performed several design and consultation projects throughout Florida and now into Georgia. He is the farm manager at Johnny Appleseed Organic Village and is currently working on converting a 60 acre super high density olive and mayhaw grove into a sustainable food growing system.
Even though he doesn't like to say it, he can actually talk to trees and knows every single tree species on this planet. Some say he is also aware of tree species on other planets, but that's another story!
Benson Jack Anthony
Benson Anthony is an active Permaculture Teacher and Consultant based between Sydney, Australia and London, England. After studying and working alongside Geoff Lawton, Benson has swiftly started teaching and consulting internationally. With professional experience as an organic nurseryman and Permaculture teacher, he has a passion for Aid Work, Community Development, Mycology, and arid climate Food Forestry. As well as currently teaching an online vegan PDC alongside Graham Burnett, Benson is passionately working on multiple urban Permaculture designs in Sydney, Australia. Benson strongly believes the major problems of our time can be solved through Permaculture design principles, ethics, and a re-connection to the natural world. He is probably the funnies Permaculture teacher I know, so be prepared to shed tears of joy when he will tell you why Santa Claus is a mushroom!
Hey! That's me! I hope you know me by now, but if you don't you are in the right spot. This is my website and you can find all information you need on my work and my experience as a Permaculture Designer.
Ok, I will still tell you a funny fact about me, sometimes I get lost in my bedroom while I sleepwalk at night. That's why we chose to teach the course during European daytime.
Want to join?
Fill in the form at the end of this page and send me a message to book your spot!