Online Permaculture Design Course
With interactive classes and a final design project!
13th January - 7th May 2023
All classes are recorded and no online presence is required apart from the presentation of the final designs!!
Permaculture Design Certificate
Also check my half online PDC here!
What my students say
"Just amazing: Inspiring, passionate, enthusiastic, knowledgable, open to anything, helpful... thank you!!!"
Mia from Germany
Building soil – Building community – Building resilience
No previous experience is required! Just openness and willingness to become part fo the regeneration movement!
Permaculture is a design method for sustainable human settlements that aims at integrating human activities in fully functioning ecosystems able to self regulate and support Life in all its forms.
Its core ethics are Care for the Earth, Care for the People and Fair Share and its principles allow us to live a regenerative life and can be applied to any environment, from small apartments to big lands to entire countries. Most importantly, Permaculture is a real philosophy of life that can support you as an individual to make conscious choices to reconnect to a true way of living. You are not separate from what is around you and stepping back into the web of life is the best choice we can make!
What is an online Permaculture Design Course?
This is a standard certified course that covers all aspects of Permaculture as detailed by Bill Mollison (co-founder of the movement and author of "Permaculture: a designer's manual"). The course will touch all elements required to design a complete human settlement and will include topics such as food production, resource management, project management, soil, agroforestry, animal systems, appropriate technology, people systems and social Permaculture.
The course will include a final design project and
the handover of the PDC certificate upon completion
and presentation of the final design.
Meetings will happen online via Zoom and recordings of the lessons will be available for students to follow at their own pace.
During the online Permaculture Design Course, we will explore the following topics:
INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE
13th-14th-15th January 2023 from 2 pm to 8 pm CET time
• Permaculture: Evidence that we need to act - Ethics & Principles
• Concepts and themes in design: Natural ecosystems - Web of life - Yield and Resource -
• Design Methods: Observation - Analysis of elements - Flow analysis - Maps & data overlay - Zones & sectors - Slope & aspect - Guilds - Scale of permanence
• Patterns: Understanding natural patterns and how to use the in design
CLIMATES, TREES & WATER
17th-18th-19th March 2023 from 2 pm to 8 pm CET time
• Climatic factors: Main climatic zones and their characteristics - Climatic factors - Climatic effects Landscape profiles
• Trees: Trees and their role in the ecosystem
• Agroforestry & Food Forests: Natural forests and natural succession - Food forests - Layers - Greening the Desert
AGROFORESTRY, SOILS & SOCIAL PERMACULTURE
31st March-1st-2nd April 2023 from 2 pm to 8 pm CET time
• Water: Water cycle - Water in the landscape - Strategies for water management
• Earthworks: Design - Tools - Types of earthworks (swales, dams etc..)
• Soils: Soil composition - Soil management - Compost - Nutrient management and closed loops - Animals in the landscape
• Animal management: Strategies for Regenerative Animal Management - Small Animals - Introduction to Holistic Grazing
APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY, SOCIAL PERMACULTURE
& FINAL PROJECT PRESENTATIONS
5th-6th-7th May 2023 from 2 pm to 8 pm CET time (time of presentations will be arranged during the course)
• Appropriate Technology: Renewable energy - Compost toilets - Eco-buildings - Waste management
• Social Permaculture: Project management - Group dynamics - Non-violent communication - Local economies - Community living & Ecovillages
To provide an international PDC certificate, the course will include a final design project. All students will do a project simulating the design for a client. The project will be presented at the end of the online permaculture design course and will be a great opportunity for the students to metabolise the newly-acquired knowledge and receive feedback from the teacher.
The hand over of the final designs will be organised with the teacher, who will provide feedback before delivering the certificate.
250 euros for the first 7 students
350 euros full price
Can't afford this? Nobody should be left behind! Reach out to me, I am happy to help you.
- Access to all lectures of the online Permaculture Design Course for one year.
- International Permaculture Design Certificate upon completion of the course