Online Introduction to Soil Management Course
Followed at your own pace with recorded classes!
All classes are recorded and no online presence is required
What our students say
"Just amazing: Inspiring, passionate, enthusiastic, knowledgable, open to anything, helpful... thank you!!!"
Mia from Germany
Building soil – Building community – Building resilience
No previous experience is required! Just openness and willingness to become part fo the regeneration movement!
This course is an extract fo my full 72 hours Permaculture Design Course. For those of you looking for a complete overview of soil, this course will provide you with a good understanding of the laws and patterns of soil science. No matter in which field you will apply your knowledge, this online course is a great way for you to get started and really understand what to do, why and how when it comes to regenerating soils.
The end of the course will also provide a step by step design process to guide you along the journey of regenerating and maintaining your own soils!
During the Online Introduction to Soil Management Course, we will explore the following topics:
• Climatic factors: Main climatic zones and their characteristics - Climatic factors - Climatic effects
• Soils: Introduction to soil management - Soil composition - Soil composition - Oxygen - Water - Carbon - Nutrient management and closed loops
• Design Process: Strategies for Soil Management - Using a refractometer - Carbon Farming - Water - Compost - Biochar - Nutrient Cycles - Microbes and Fungi - Erosion - Plant Growth Stages
• Introduction to Biointensive Gardening
- Access to all lectures of the course for one year. The lessons come from recordings of one of my online courses on Zoom.