Online Permaculture Design Course
25th February - 20th March 2022
every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
72 hours Permaculture Design Certificate
Building soil – Building community – Building resilience
No previous experience is required! Just openness and willingness to become part fo the regeneration movement!
Permaculture is a design method for sustainable human settlements that aims at integrating human activities in fully functioning ecosystems able to self regulate and support Life in all its forms.
Its core ethics are Care for the Earth, Care for the People and Fair Share and its principles allow us to live a regenerative life and can be applied to any environment, from small apartments to big lands to entire countries. Most importantly, Permaculture is a real philosophy of life that can support you as an individual to make conscious choices to reconnect to a true way of living. You are not separate from what is around you and stepping back into the web of life is the best choice we can make!
What is a Permaculture Design Course?
This is a 72 hours certified course that covers all aspects of Permaculture as detailed by Bill Mollison (co-founder of the movement and author of "Permaculture: a designer's manual"). The course will touch all elements required to design a complete human settlement and will include topics such as food production, resource management, project management, soil, agroforestry, animal systems, appropriate technology, people systems and social Permaculture.
The course will include a final design project and
the handover of the PDC certificate upon completion
and presentation of the final design.
During the course, we will explore the following topics:
INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE
• Permaculture: Evidence that we need to act - Ethics & Principles
• Concepts and themes in design: Natural ecosystems - Web of life - Yield and Resource -
• Design Methods: Observation - Analysis of elements - Flow analysis - Maps & data overlay - Zones & sectors - Slope & aspect - Guilds - Scale of permanence
• Patterns: Understanding natural patterns and how to use the in design
TREES, WATER, SOIL & ENERGY
• Climatic factors: Main climatic zones and their characteristics - Climatic factors - Climatic effects Landscape profiles
• Trees: Trees and their role in the ecosystem
• Water: Water cycle - Water in the landscape - Strategies for water management
• Soils: Soil composition - Soil management - Compost - Nutrient management and closed loops - Animals in the landscape
• Earthworks: Design - Tools - Types of earthworks (swales, dams etc..)
• Agroforestry & Food Forests: Natural forests and natural succession - Food forests - Layers - Greening the Desert
• Appropriate Technology: Renewable energy - Compost toilets - Eco-buildings - Waste management
DESIGN STRATEGIES AND SOCIAL PERMACULTURE
• Climates: Strategies for different climates
• Social Permaculture: Project management - Group dynamics - Non-violent communication - Local economies - Community living & Ecovillages
All students will do a group project simulating the design for a client. The project will be presented at the end of the course and will be a great opportunity for the student to metabolise the newly-acquired knowledge and receive feedback from the teacher
300 euros if booked within the first 5 students
350 euros if booked after
- International Permaculture Design Certificate upon completion of the course
- Practical workshops
- Online interactive lessons
- Recordings of the lessons
- Reading material
He studies, designs and teaches Permaculture in Italy and in Europe. He co-founder of the Regen association. Graduated in Permaculture in Tenerife and member and Tutor for the Permaculture Diploma recognized by the Italian Permaculture Academy. He designs and offers consultancy to multifunctional farms, ecovillages, urban permaculture projects. He facilitates courses and workshops in Permaculture, Regenerative Agriculture, Earth Movements, Water Management, Keyline Design, Soil Fertility, Horticulture and Agroforestry Systems or Food Forest.
Trainer, facilitator, permaculture teacher. After completing the PDC (Permaculture Design Certificate), he worked as an assistant teacher, participated in various Transition Training and Facilitation courses, certified himself as a permaculture teacher at Akadamie Permakultury in the Czech Republic and enjoys a lot of urban and social permaculture. He is co-founder of the online magazine Permaculture & Transizione, he was a member of the Board of Trustees of the Earthworks Trust UK, and holds the position of Ambassadors at the Permaculture Association UK. Now he trains Permaculture teachers and cultivates Active Hope.
Hello! This is me! If you don't know me, you are in the right place. You can find information about me and my work on this site, by visiting the "design and consultancy" section or by clicking on "about me".
Want to join?
Fill in the form at the end of this page and send me a message to book your spot!